Blogs > Hamilton in focus

Covering Hamilton and Robbinsville townships in-depth for The Trentonian. I can be reached at (609) 989-7800 ext. 207 or (609) 468-6962. Email me at mmacagnone@trentonian.com or follow me @awisefool.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Birdsall allegedly made donations to Mercer County pols

The engineering firm at the center of a statewide Pay-to-Play violations case has hit closer to home after a report on the firm’s political contributions was released.
According to a database made public by the Star-Ledger, employees of the company, Birdsall Services Group, were reimbursed for donations allegedly made to several Mercer County politicians, including Trenton Mayor Tony Mack, County Executive Brian Hughes, former Hamilton Mayor John Bencivengo and other politicians on both sides of the aisle.
The database shows tens of thousands in donations that were made to the local party committees and individuals, including more than $13,000 to the Hamilton Township Republican Committee and $5,000 to the election fund of Mack. Hughes, whose campaign received $5,100 between 2008 and 2012.
“I followed all the rules, I filed all my reports on time. I did all the things ELEC asked me to do,” Hughes said. “Birdsall was the ones going around the corners in the dark of night paying their employees for donations they may or may not have wanted to make. What I did was legal, what they did was not.”
Read the full story here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home